How to stress during midterms

CollegeExperience - Fani HsiehIt may not be the happiest time of the year, but it sure is the busiest. Midterm season is upon us and while most students have experienced all of the wonderful things that come with this time, new students are in for a treat. Here are a few tipsto make sure you get the true exam experience.

Don’t sleep

In order to ensure you will have a hard time staying awake during the day tomorrow, stay up studying as late as possible. If you stay up until the wee hours of the morning trying to cram as much information as you can before your 8 a.m., midterm, it’s almost guaranteed that you wont be able to focus. Going to bed at a reasonable hour and getting enough hours of sleep ensures you’ll have energy the next day, but if that isn’t your jam then pull an all-nighter. One way to make sure that you’ll spend your day yawning after a bad sleep is skipping the nap even when you have some time to do so. If you don’t mind waking up with your head in your textbook at the library, not getting enough sleep is the way to do it!

Don’t be physically active

It can be hard to find time to be physically active while you have so much going on — so what’s the point? If you don’t think that a bit of extra energy and a cleared head will help you get through studying, then I suggest skipping the workout. Staying active may just be the last thing that you’re thinking about while studying for five different courses, so why not avoid it and keep your stress levels high?

Don’t set priorities

The best way to make sure that you’re behind on your list of homework items is to not set a schedule. Making a study schedule will only put you on the right track, but in order to make sure you’re very stressed, definitely don’t follow one. You’ll likely have a lot of information going into your brain at this time, so keep your tasks in your head to add to the challenge of life — what’s the point of keeping an agenda anyways?

Eat poorly

No one ever seems to have time to worry about eating healthy while their future careers are at stake, so don’t pay much attention to it. Everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but why should you wake up early for something that benefits you when you could just sleep in for that extra hour that doesn’t really add anything? If you don’t mind losing focus throughout the day and aren’t bothered by a growling stomach in the quiet section of the library, then you shouldn’t worry about fueling your body.

Seclude yourself

Secluding yourself from people during midterms is a great way to feel alone and maintain your stress levels. Talking to people and laughing almost always puts off stress, but if you want to keep it piled on, avoid everyone.

One of the hardest things to do during midterm season is to avoid the many stresses that come with it. If you don’t mind all of that extra baggage while balancing assignments, classes and studying, then follow these unreliable suggestions. Making the most out of this time and putting off as much stress as possible is ideal, so if this appeals to you as it should, hopefully you find yourself doing the exact opposite of these tips.