Dear Life: Apr. 13, 2012

Dear Life,

Turns out WLUSU isn’t the only campus department with corrupt hiring processes.

Sincerely,

Biases Bug Me

Dear Life,

It would be nice if I could just have a nice dinner at Wilf’s without feeling rushed and getting crappy service. It would be nice if it didn’t take 40 minutes for a burger, and I didn’t have a server looking over my shoulder as I put in a tip. Good riddance Wilf’s, you make me happy to graduate.

Sincerely,

Mr. Server, go crazy with that penny

Dear Life,

While most students are studying for their exams in the coming weeks, I am still working on assignments.

Sincerely,

How many lab reports do I have to write to pass second year ='(

Dear Life,

I knew it was gonna snow, my psychic abilities told me so and everyone laughed at me! Muahaha

Sincerely,

Told ya so

Dear Life,

It ain’t summer yet.

Sincerely,

Put that midriff away

Dear Life,

I am an atheist. I hate it when other atheists act like idiots. It really ruins it for us atheists who do not force their lack of religion on people who are happy in being religious, and who do not see living in harmony among religious people as a lost cause. I will never tell a friend, foe or complete stranger not to be religious in any case. My only issues with religion are when individuals either force their beliefs on others through fear, guilt, shame or any other negative force; or twist the meaning of their religion’s teachings in order to form a (completely ludicrous) reason to commit harm of any degree to innocent people — I do realize that these individuals are, for obvious reasons, not representative of their religions in any way. Other than that, I have no reason to be bothered by religion. While I am happier without religion and always will be, it would be stupid of me to think that its presence in the world should have any bearing on how I live my life.

Sincerely,
So can you.

Send your Dear Life submissions to dearlife@thecord.ca. All submissions are anonymous and should be no longer than 100 words.