Bill Kitchen leaves WLU

On April 28, programs and services manager for the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union Bill Kitchen ended his employment after working for the union since August of 2003, initially as the Turret Nightclub assistant manager.

Although unable to comment on the reason for his departure, WLUSU general manager Mike McMahon confirmed that the position of programs and services manager has been terminated.

The development of a new position is currently in the works.

“We are reviewing the needs of the [campus] clubs, faculty associations and student services currently and we will hopefully be coming up with a resource model that’s required within a month,” said McMahon.

The new position is not expected to be posted until mid-July, with the intention of being filled for the fall.

“We are … trying to be in touch with campus clubs as far as their resource requirements so we can design the best possible helper for those departments,” said McMahon.

For the summer, the responsibilities of the former programs and services manager have been divided between McMahon and marketing and communication manager Phil Champagne.

“Most notably Phil [Champagne] has picked up responsibility for resource requirements for Orientation Week programming,” McMahon said, which will ensure that student requirements of resources will continue to be met over the summer months.